Home Care services vary greatly depending on the agency you choose. Services may be provided by a spectrum of caregivers with titles such as Registered Nurse (RN), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNAs), Home Care Aide to a family member assisting with cooking and cleaning. Other services that may be administered at home include rehabilitation services, physical therapy, medical social services, and home health aides to name a few. The most common need is for someone to assist with dressing, bathing, transferring, and meal preparation. These services can easily be provided by a non-medical Home Care Agency.
What long term care benefits are available to Veterans through the Veterans Administration?
- Geriatric evaluation – provides either and impatient or outpatient evaluation of a veterans ability to care for in or herself
- Adult day health care – a therapeutic day care program that provides medical and rehabilitation services to veterans
- Respite care- provides either inpatient or outpatient supportive care for veterans to allow caregivers to get a break
- Home care nursing, physical therapy and other services provided in the veteran’s home
- Hospice / palliative care – provides services for terminally ill veterans and their families
Nursing home and domiciliary care (VA facility that provides care on an ambulatory self-care basis)
Which Veterans qualify for unlimited nursing home care?
- Veterans who are seeking nursing home care for a service related condition
- Veterans with a service –connected disability rating of 70% or more
- Veterans who have a service-connected disability of 60% and are unemployable
The VA may provide nursing home care to other Veterans if space permits. Veterans with service-connected disabilities receive priority.
Does the VA charge co-pays for long term care services?
Where are VA nursing home care services provided?
Will the VA cover nursing home care in a non-VA facility?
The VA can only pay for care in nursing homes that participate in its contract program. Nursing homes that don to participate in its contract program are not covered.
VA Benefits Planning
Long Term Care Insurance
Final Expense Policy
Please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you with 1-2 business days. Or just call us now.