Final Expense Policy
Do I need a Final Expense Contract?
The advisors we work with have relationships with the Nation’s leading final expense policy companies to ensure you get the right contract for your family. These contracts can be paid in a lump sum which reduce assets for Veterans benefits and Medicaid planning or if writing a $10,000 or $15,000 check isn’t possible there are monthly pay options available.
How much should I set aside?
1) Is there significant other savings which can be used to pay miscellaneous expenses?
a) For many families the miscellaneous bills left behind can be thousands of dollars
2) Will the funeral be large or small?
a) A funeral typically costs between $7,000-$10,000. In most cases, the larger the family, the more expensive the funeral is.
3) Have you already purchased a plot? The plot can be as little as $2,000 with “prime locations” cost $20,000 plus.
4) Are you considering Cremation? Typical cost of cremation is $2,500. Many people still want a service, flowers, meal, etc. which costs thousands more.
5) Will the deceased need to be transported to their “home town?” This cost is typically $5,000-$10,000.
The benefits of Final Expense Policies:
- The policy may be considered an exempt asset under Medicaid guidelines
- A policy can help lower assets for VA benefit purposes
- Flexible payment options are available to meet your needs today
- Funeral services may be carried out at little or no additional cost to your family
- Funds are immediately available to pay funeral costs and other expenses, with no waiting period due to probate or other delays
- You can set aside up to $15,000 to cover your funeral and other final expenses
- The funeral costs are paid first with the excess funds paid to your heirs
The benefits of using this free Funeral Estate Planning tool:
- A software that makes planning out your legacy simple and secure. Sections include: Family Values, Personal Information, Valued Possessions, Online Account Information, Pet Care Instructions, Historical Insights, Financial Accounts, Final Wishes and Many More.
- At the time of need, Legacy Safeguard advisors are on call 24/7 to guide your family through the entire end-of-life planning process to help them make the most informed decisions when planning a funeral service.
- These include: Filing death claims with insurance companies, Making reservations at a local restaurant, Assisting the family with car rentals and other transportation needs, Setting up reservations and negotiating discounts with hotels, Coordinating security for the family’s home during the memorial service, and Helping the family with other special requests.
- When a death occurs, there are not usually seven to fourteen days of advanced notice available to receive the best price on airfare. There are certain bereavement travel assistance programs that are available which most people do not know about.
- Our advisors can inform your family about these bereavement travel options and discounts that are available to them through the airlines and hotels. On average, this assistance saves individuals over $620 per flight!
- Access an exclusive 20% discount on flowers and arrangements from FTD.
- FTD is one of the largest floral companies in the world with a network of over 45,000 independent florists around the world. FTD can deliver products to nearly 100% of the U.S. Population the same day the order is placed.
- FTD can also provide the flowers, plants, sprays and wreaths for funeral and memorial services.
- Legacy Planning Archive
- All financial, legal, personal and family-related issues are archived, making your final wishes available immediately and enables your memorial service to be organized according exactly to your desires.
- The entire memorial service can be planned in advance, satisfying your final wishes and easing the amount of uncertainty that comes with not knowing what you would have liked to have for your memorial.
- Funeral Home Locator
- Through our database of thousands of funeral home prices around the country, Legacy Safeguard is able to provide the Funeral Home Locator.
- The Funeral Home Locator saves each family the time and hassle it takes to find and call several funeral homes to compare prices.
- Free Family Legacy DVD
- The Family Legacy DVD is a customized collection of photos crafted to your specifications, set to music and enhanced with professionally-designed special effects.
- Up to 40 of your cherished family photos are archived, digitally scanned and returned to you, ensuring a safe, lasting home for them. This gallery is set to music of your choosing, and a custom title page warmly welcomes family and friends to your collection.
- Final Expense Estimator
- Legacy Safeguard provides an online Final Expense Estimator to help individuals estimate the cost of total final expenses.
- Family expenses are those commonly overlooked costs that your family will be responsible for in your absence. Examples include mortgage payments, college tuition, and other household utilities.
- This tool helps you plan accordingly for those expenses, by assessing your objectives (i.e. the things that are most important to you and your family) and suggesting ways to accomplish your financial goals.
- Your Legacy Safeguard ID Card
- Legacy Safeguard members receive an identification Card that contains: A 24 Hour Toll Free Number, Access ID, Provider Name and Phone Number, and Concise summary of the Legacy Safeguard benefits.
- Grief Counseling
- The grief that accompanies death can sometimes be devastating. Individuals and families cope with death and grief in different ways. We can recommend grief counseling programs to help each family through the loss of a loved one.
- We can also find grief counselors in their area that specialize in bereavement counseling and other services that can help survivors take the steps necessary to begin the healing process.
VA Benefits Planning
Long Term Care Insurance
Final Expense Policy
Please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you with 1-2 business days. Or just call us now.